ACG GYMNASIUM TAURANGA
This astounding building is a multipurpose sports facility for the students for ACG Tauranga. The main focus when installing window gearing within an area of high activity and a school, such as a gymnasium, is installing gearing that is both economical for the education sector, and robust enough to withstand the collisions which occur from sporting equipment. By utilising dormers within the ceiling space above the main court, louvres windows are protected from such collisions and can effectively provide natural lighting and ventilation.
The expansive style of the building is emphasised with a glass façade along the field-facing side of the building, which illuminates the upper level of the facility.
High-level louvre windows within the stairwell and mezzanine area continue the circulation of natural airflow throughout the building and assist in regulating the internal temperature of this sun-drenched building. (Photos courtesy of Mark Scowen)
- Install gearing which can withstand the collision which occurs within a sports facility.
- Provide an economical solution for opening windows in the educational sector.
- Colour match gearing to aluminium joinery to minimise visually distraction through the expansive windows which overlook the sporting fields.
- Install gearing to numerous hard to reach high-level sashes in the ceiling space above the gymnasium, which required external installation via the roof.
- Coordinating with work performed by other trades to ensure timely installation and conformity with plans and specifications.
- Provide the highest quality service to reinforce our client relationships and brand reputation.